Today’s episode I discuss how a spiritual practice can improve relationships with others and self, how it can help your daughter, what it is and what it is not and intuition. I love having this type of conversation with clients and others about their spirituality and their inner knowing.
What is a spiritual practice?
- Spiritual practice can include religious practices
- Morality deals with issues of right and wrong
- Ethical system set of values or beliefs and how we conduct ourselves in social scenes or relationships
- Spirituality is the inner knowing, connection to universe or higher power, higher awareness
- Maslow hierarchy of needs-used the terms “physiological,” “safety”, “belonging” and “love”, “esteem”, “self-actualization”, and “self-transcendence” to describe the pattern that human motivations generally move through.
- Investing in yourself is supporting your mind, body, and spiritual self
- Journaling, meditating, chanting, taking walks in nature, body movement are all spiritual practices
Why role model this to your daughter
- When young girls or women see their parents practicing “being” vs “doing” it helps give themselves permission to slow down
- Encouraging your daughter to have a spiritual practice can help maintain a connection to her own intuition and self-assuredness
- Can decrease the perfectionism or people pleasing behavior
- Can assist her in staying true to herself vs needing approval from others to follow her life’s path
Other resources (affiliate link):