Today’s episode is for all the dads who are listening and raising adolescent girls. Whether you are the biological dad, step-dad, male figure in her in life this episode is dedicated to you. At the time of this recording, next Sunday is Father’s Day here in the United States. Dad’s I know this stage of development for many teen girls can be challenging because she begins to pull away from parents. My hope is after listening today you find encouragement in staying connected with your daughter or daughters. I want to begin by stating how my Dad has impacted my life and continues to along with sharing some insight from a colleague, Sovann Penn, about his experience with his daughters.
Sovann is a licensed professional counselor and health coach in Portland, OR. He offers pre-marital and couples counseling. Along with Individual counseling for anxiety, depression, insomnia, sleep disorders, sexual addiction, porn addiction, career, transitions, grief, burnout, personal growth.
In this episode you will learn:
- How Nicole’s father impacted her as a teen and as an adult
- Supporting your daughter as a teenager is different than as a child
- Sovann shares how he ways he expresses his love for his daughters
- Staying connected is the key for both Dads and their daughters
- Teen daughters-express to your father ways he can support you and show how much he loves you
- Learn to dance
- Your daughter begins to teach you more about yourself before she is even born
Website : Http://sovannpen.com